1. List and discuss in the detail the four core principles of the Comp Stat program.
2. Define APA as discussed during the library/research orientation and ALL key components/sections of a research paper:
3. Discuss and describe the Kansas City Preventive Study, Rand Criminal Investigation Study, and Team Policing Experiment and how the studies impacted policing during the 1970’s.
4. Discuss Traditional vs. Community Policing Strategies (i.e. bureaucratic and centralization):
5. Describe briefly what Geographic Information System is and how it enhances police services.
6. Community partnerships, Problem solving (SARA Model) and Organizational transformation are complementary elements of community policing.
True or False________________________________
7. Define and discuss Intelligence and discuss briefly significant changes in law enforcement since September 11, 2001:
8. Describe and discuss the four-step problem solving model commonly referred to as SARA and how it can be used for community policing.
9. Define Research as discussed during the library/research orientation and the difference between scholarly and non-scholarly articles or research and include examples:
10. Fusion Centers are clearinghouses for all potentially relevant homeland security information. True or False___________________________.
11. Police Chiefs are elected and Sheriffs are appointed to their respective positions in law enforcement. True or False_______________________.
12.______________________, _________________________, and _________________ are three databases that were discussed in the library orientation that can be utilized for criminal justice research.
13. Discuss the impact that statistical/technology based initiatives (comp stat) and other programs have on 21st Century Law Enforcement.
14. Discuss and describe Herzberg Motivation-Hygiene Theory (hygiene and motivators):
15. List and describe the four eras of policing and discuss briefly characteristics of each.
16. Define and discuss briefly the ‘Broken Windows” theory:
17. Discuss Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and the need for administrators to understand the theory regarding employee relations.
18. According to research, only a small percentage of police officers engage in unethical or official misconduct. True or False________________________.
19. Discuss and describe the role of social science research and how it assists in making key policy decisions in Criminal Justice.
20. Discuss the challenges and complexities regarding the relationship between the police and media.
21. Discuss and describe three key concepts from the “Nobility in Policing” video assignment.
22. Discuss and describe the basis of Department of Justice v. City of Ferguson lawsuit that is pending and render an opinion whether or not you think it is valid and or should it be settled out of court.
23. Discuss and describe three key issues surrounding Director Comey’s regarding the so called “Ferguson Effect” article. Also, discuss whether or not you feel that it is valid or invalid and why or why not?
24. Discuss and describe the role and historical influence that politics have played in law enforcement and discuss the average tenure of Police Chiefs today.
25. List and describe the first three Pillars of the “Task Force Final Report on Policing” and why was the task force developed. Also, discuss whether or not you agree on the recommendations and if you have any recommendations to offer?